Associate Director of Communications
Cohen Veterans Bioscience (CVB) is looking for a full-time Associate Director of Communications who will be located in the NYC office to support the development and execution of an annual communications strategic plan in collaboration with the Senior Director of Communications and CVB leadership team.
The individual will help create this integrated, organization-wide plan to broaden awareness of CVB’s brand identity across key stakeholder audiences. This will include supporting the development of a brand/marketing/public relations strategy that will allow CVB leadership to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media, public officials, and key influencers. This position will help drive the creation of detailed goal/ROI driven plans.
The Associate Director of Communications will help manage projects, content development (press releases, etc.), social media strategy & execution, including online fundraising support, branding, external stakeholder interaction strategy, community growth and retention at CVB. They will also engage in direct awareness campaigns, as they relate to communications and must align their planning/activities with the overall goals of the organization.
The successful candidate will be personable, proactive, and highly methodical in his/her attentiveness to detail, with 5+ years as an experienced communication professional, ideally in the biotech and/or medical sciences. Prior experience with similar organizations is preferred.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate a past record of strategic and tactical success and a working knowledge of targeted analytics tools. In addition, the applicant must possess strong verbal and written skills to passionately communicate the needs and solutions for individuals with brain disease to a variety of audiences. The candidate must have a strong work ethic, excellent judgement, and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- The candidate will be assigned to manage CVB communications and support the CVB mission to advance biomarkers, diagnostics, translational research tools, and accelerate therapeutic development for target brain diseases
- Work closely with the Senior Director, Communications to ensure all communication activities maximize the impact and effectiveness of branding and identity-building and share of voice for a newer organization
- Manage and regulate, in cooperation with the Senior Director, Communications, all messaging both internally and externally, ensuring that CVB’s messaging is consistent across all platforms
- Vigilant monitoring of CVB’s presence on a variety of online forums, including social media, printed news, television, etc
- Manage all external communication interaction, as it relates to perceptions and branding of CVB
- Help support internal and external communications processes and key performance indicators as they relate to communications
- Oversee administrative functions as they relate to communication management
- Work with several cross-functional stakeholders, responsible for developing resource plans for multiple large and small campaigns
- Manage multiple event/communication activities, with many functional teams, through full lifecycle from high-level concept to deployment
- Support development of an integrated communications strategy both externally and internally
- Articulate CVB’s mission via communication activities in a clear and concise way that speaks to a variety of audiences
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- A minimum of a BA in communications or similar degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in communications; agency and in-house experience a plus
- Must have a strong working knowledge of communications, project management, and customer relations
- Familiarity of the biotech development process is preferred
- Experience working in a Communications or Marketing team setting
- Must be comfortable with communicating both verbally and in writing
- Must have the determination to see projects through to the end
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of key stakeholders
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office: PPT, Word, Excel and Project Management Tracking software
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time
About Cohen Veterans Bioscience
Cohen Veterans Bioscience is a non-profit 501(c)(3) biomedical research and technology organization dedicated to advancing brain health by fast-tracking precision diagnostics and tailored therapeutics.
Please visit https://cohenveteransbioscience.applicantpro.com to apply. CVB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Publication Date: 6/14/21