Biomarkers/Bioanalytical Sciences Lead
Cohen Veterans Bioscience (CVB) is seeking a Biomarkers/Bioanalytical Sciences Lead at the Scientific Director level to drive operational strategy and execution excellence for CVB’s translational research program.
Reporting to the Chief Scientific Officer, the Biomarkers/Bioanalytical Sciences Lead will lead and coordinate scientific activities across CVB’s departments as these programs relate to CVB’s overall strategy.
A main focus of the translational science department is the discovery and validation of biomarkers in trauma-related disorders and the scientific director is expected to independently support these biomarker efforts. Ideally, the position is based in New York City or Boston, but candidates in other locations will be considered.
- Define, build and lead CVB’s biomarkers programs and strategy.
- Work across the spectrum of stakeholders and departments to advance the discovery and validation of biomarkers in pre-clinical and clinical studies.
- Perform analyses of the scientific landscape and engage with outside subject matter experts.
- Independently prepare program-related reports and presentations to internal and external parties.
- Assist/ lead the preparation of white papers and publications.
- Track program progress, identify potential issues and proactively recommend mitigation plans.
- Represent CVB at advisory and scientific meetings.
- Work with outside biomarker service provides and execute competitive cross-platform comparisons.
- Participate in the development and implementation of other key organizational process improvement initiatives.
- Advanced degree (e.g., PhD or equivalent)
- 3-5 plus years in leading biomarker-related program and projects in industry or academia.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of assay development and validation in at least one omics-technology platform (e.g. genomics, metabolomics, transcriptomics).
- Understanding of biomarker commercialization and regulatory strategies is a plus.
- Understanding of the statistical consideration for biomarker-related studies.
- Neuroscience/Brain disease related experience is a plus.
- Must possess strong capabilities for both strategic thinking and attention to detail.
- Must have strong decision-making and project management skills.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and communicating both verbally and in writing.
- Willing to challenge the standard thinking with new ideas, new approaches, and new solutions.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, management, and collaboration.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently.
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office PPT, Word, Excel and Project Management Tracking software.
- Excellent English communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess excellent team building, training and facilitation skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time.
About Cohen Veterans Bioscience
Cohen Veterans Bioscience is a national, nonpartisan research 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to fast-tracking the development of diagnostic tests and personalized therapeutics for the millions of veterans and civilians who suffer the devastating effects of trauma-related and other brain disorders.
Please visit https://cohenveteransbioscience.applicantpro.com to apply. Please include resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefit package. CVB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Publication Date: 3/12/19