(Based in New York, NY or Cambridge, MA – please note that these are remote positions until after the COVID-19 pandemic.)
Cohen Veterans Bioscience (CVB) is seeking to hire two data scientists to work on the development of statistical/machine learning approaches for analyzing multi-domain progression in brain diseases, with a focus on integrative modeling techniques capable of combining information from multiple different data types. Working closely with the Associate Director of Data Science, one position will be focused primarily on furthering our understanding of progression in Parkinson’s Disease, and the other will focus on the long-term impacts of traumatic brain injury (TBI). These projects will take advantage of large datasets generated via translational studies carried out by CVB and its partner organizations, including genomic and neuroimaging data, as well as comprehensive clinical and biochemical assessments and physiological measurements captured by wearable sensors.
Current authorization to work in the U.S. is required, sponsorship is not available.
We are looking for a PhD level bioinformatician or data scientist with expertise in computational biology, bioinformatics, statistical genetics, neuroimaging or machine learning to work full-time on the development, application and interpretation of computational models. The successful candidate will be motivated and enthusiastic about understanding the neurobiology of brain disorders.
- Conduct analysis of multiomics datasets for understanding disease progression and identification of patient/disease subtypes.
- Work with existing models and develop new approaches.
- Keep abreast of latest techniques for joint analysis of multiple data types.
- Develop reproducible workflows and analysis pipelines.
- Assist with design and statistical analysis plans for pre-clinical and clinical studies.
- Present results at internal and external meetings.
- Contribute to scientific publications communicating methods and results.
- PhD-qualified data scientists with research experience in biostatistics, computational biology, bioinformatics, genomics, statistical genetics, neuroimaging or related fields
- 3+ years’ experience working with a variety of data types e.g. whole-genome sequencing data, RNAseq, methylomics, neuroimaging, fluid biomarkers
- Current authorization to work in the U.S. is required, sponsorship is not available
- Strong technical ability, with background in statistics/mathematics/computer science
- Excellent programming skills in R/Python, and familiarity working with databases
- Previous work on collaborative coding projects, and use of version control systems
- Experience with high-performance compute clusters and/or cloud computing platforms
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time post COVID
- Experience working with longitudinal electronic health records helpful
- Experience with Bayesian inference using Stan is useful
- Familiarity with latent variable models and causal inference techniques would be beneficial
About Cohen Veterans Bioscience
Cohen Veterans Bioscience is a non-profit research biotech dedicated to fast-tracking the development of diagnostics tests and targeted therapeutics for the millions of veterans and civilians who suffer from the devastating effects of trauma-related and other brain disorders.
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefit package.
Please visit https://cohenveteransbioscience.applicantpro.com to apply.
Please include resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. A minimum of three references will be required.
CVB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Publication Date: 9/17/20