Cohen Veterans Bioscience (CVB) is looking for an experienced full-time DevOps Engineer to work from our Cambridge, MA office (Kendall Square) to help provide unprecedented access to research data and analytics. You will be part of a dynamic team which is building a platform designed to fuel the use of big data in brain disease research.
Working cross-functionally across both CVB internal and BRAIN Commons teams, the DevOps Engineer will help support and build environments based around AWS, and actively work towards evolving the BRAIN Commons into an integrated system that can match the pace of its growth. The DevOps Engineer will report to the Executive Director, BRAIN Commons.
- Help with designing and maintaining the cloud infrastructure to support internal CVB research needs
- Work with researchers to design and build ETL process
- Work side by side with other engineers to shape BRAIN Commons’ infrastructure and development strategy
- Provide best practice knowledge and support across infrastructure-specific elements of BRAIN Commons stack, including AWS, Linux system administration and Kubernetes.
- Generate efficient, quality deliverables, with clear supporting documentation
- Work closely with our remote team to hand-over deployed services to them
- Perform root-cause analysis to resolve complex technical issues generating short-term/long-term fixes as required
- Identify areas for continuous improvement, through automation, documentation, process change, or working methods, in addition to business-generated requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Science, or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years’ experience with coding or scripting languages
- Experience working with AWS in addition to other cloud providers (GCP, Azure)
- Strong Linux knowledge (processes, network, storage)
- Proven experience with key container orchestration technologies (Kubernetes) and containerization principles (Docker)
- Experience defining and implementing CI/CD process
- Knowledge of one of the most common programming languages (as Java, Python, Ruby, Go, C, C++, C#)
- A proven understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle.
- Knowledge and experience with:
- Neuroscience/Brain disease related experience is a plus.
- Must possess strong capabilities for both strategic thinking and attention to detail.
- Must have strong decision-making and project management skills.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently.
- Excellent English communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time.
About Cohen Veterans Bioscience
Cohen Veterans Bioscience is a national, nonpartisan research 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to fast-tracking the development of diagnostic tests and personalized therapeutics for the millions of veterans and civilians who suffer the devastating effects of trauma-related and other brain disorders.
Please visit https://cohenveteransbioscience.applicantpro.com to apply. Please include resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefit package. CVB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Publication Date: 5/22/19