Full Stack Web Developer
Cohen Veterans Bioscience (CVB) is looking for an experienced full-time Full Stack Web Developer to work from our New York Office to help provide unprecedented access to research data and analytics. You will be part of a dynamic team which is building a platform designed to fuel the use of big data in brain disease research.
Working cross-functionally across both CVB internal and BRAIN Commons teams, the Full Stack Web Developer will own the data collection pipelines and web interfaces supporting CVB’s effort to monitor subjects remotely using wearable and home sensor technologies. The Full Stack Developer will report to the Director of Data Science.
- Develop, monitor and maintain an AWS-based pipeline to collect and receive data from wearable devices by integrating with RESTful endpoints provided by the vendor.
- Develop web interfaces and applications enabling users to operate and monitor the data collection pipeline and access other related resources.
- Help with designing and maintaining the DB infrastructure to support ingestion of wearable data and other CVB’s internal and external facing needs.
- Design and develop APIs.
- Generate efficient, quality deliverables, with clear supporting documentation
- Perform root-cause analysis to resolve complex technical issues generating short-term/long-term fixes as required
- Identify areas for continuous improvement, through automation, documentation, process change, or working methods, in addition to business-generated requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Science, or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years’ experience with coding or scripting languages
- Strong knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience working with AWS in addition to other cloud providers (GCP, Azure).
- Proven experience working in CI/CD environment.
- A proven understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle.
- Bonus: experience with GraphQL and graph databases, especially Neo4j..
- Bonus: experience developing serverless applications using AWS lambda
- Neuroscience/Brain disease related experience is a plus.
- Must possess strong capabilities for both strategic thinking and attention to detail.
- Must have strong decision-making and project management skills.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently.
- Excellent English communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time.
About Cohen Veterans Bioscience
Cohen Veterans Bioscience is a national, nonpartisan research 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to fast-tracking the development of diagnostic tests and personalized therapeutics for the millions of veterans and civilians who suffer the devastating effects of trauma-related and other brain disorders.
Please visit https://cohenveteransbioscience.applicantpro.com to apply. Please include resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefit package. CVB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Publication Date: 7/2/19