The Office Administrator is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the office. This role will be responsible for performing a number of administrative and office management-related duties. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, and professional, capable of managing their workload, prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment, and becoming a trusted partner to the operations team. This position reports to the COO.
This position is an in-office, full-time and permanent (40 hours per week) role. We offer full benefits and a great collaborative atmosphere. We’d love to hear from you if you feel like you’re a match.
- Management of the NYC office as the first point of contact for internal and external parties to the CVB headquarters to provide exceptional customer service and communication to all parties
- Timely management of mail review and distribution to appropriate departments and/or respond as necessary.
- Monitoring office staff needs and ordering appropriate supplies in a timely manner
- Oversee and manage vendors including maintenance companies to keep the office clean and safe and ensure its appliances are in good working order
- Report out and make suggestion on the office operations to senior management to improve office operations and procedures
- Produce briefings for operations in preparation for meetings
- Coordinate with the IT department with tasks related to preparing for new hires including onboarding to the office, setting up desks and organizing and distributing computer equipment to staff
- Assist the Contract Management Group (CMG) with uploading contracts into CMG system including carefully reviewing contracts for dates and copying clauses under the direction of leadership
- Produce contract tracking and reporting under the direction of the CMG
- Manage internal company-wide meetings with event manager.
- Develop and utilize filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting and discussions for ease of referencing
- Answer calls respond to emails and interface with staff, donors and partners
- Analyze requested information and data · Prepare, format, and edit internal and external corporate documents and presentations for team members and partners
- Organizing meetings and assisting with reporting of meetings/note taking
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff and clientele
- Conduct other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma is required. Associate Degree preferred. 2-5 years in a similar role is preferred.
- The successful candidate will be motivated and enthusiastic about Cohen Veterans Bioscience’s work
- Must be a team player while also being successful working independently
- Taking ownership of assigned responsibilities and the capacity to be proactive, diligent, and thorough will be essential.
- Organization, flexibility, and the ability to manage challenges & multitask are essential
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written to interact positively with all employees and outside parties
- Attention to detail to ensure tasks are completed thoroughly and correctly
- Polished appearance with professional maturity
- Possesses a strong understanding of general operations, best practices, and the prioritization of processes and workflows
- Ability to prioritize among competing priorities and manage expectations of workload and timelines
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) Have expert knowledge of table creation, pivot tables, and word formatting
- Some evenings may be needed based on workflow
- Ability and willingness to learn new software tools and applications
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
- New York City – Authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K plan with matching, and disability & life insurance.
This is a sedentary job by nature. Requires being able to sit at a desk and use a computer for most of the day.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Internal and External Contacts
Interfaces regularly with the general employee population in person, over the phone and internet Interfaces regularly with vendors and outside consultants in person, over the internet, and on the phone.
About Cohen Veterans Bioscience
Cohen Veterans Bioscience is a non-profit 501(c)(3) biomedical research and technology organization dedicated to advancing brain health by fast-tracking precision diagnostics and tailored therapeutics.
Please visit https://cohenveteransbioscience.applicantpro.com to apply.
Please include resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.
CVB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.