Cohen Veterans Bioscience (CVB) is hiring a Program Manager to support the strategic planning and tracking of the BRAINCommons program initiatives. The BRAINCommons (BC) is a cloud-accessible and secure digital ecosystem to enable and stimulate data sharing and analysis in both public and private domains, fueling discovery and collaboration across the multidisciplinary research community, and driving diagnostic and therapeutic innovation to reduce the burden of brain-based disorders.
The successful candidate will be personable, proactive and highly methodical in his/her attentiveness to detail. They will have extensive experience in managing complex programs with several projects that have competing priorities with the skills to build and maintain project plans to ensure that deliverables are successfully executed in accordance with program objectives and are within budget. They will also be a team player with highly evolved organizational, communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to gain the cooperation of others and facilitate communication and harmonization among team members, along with a sense of urgency and commitment to meet aggressive timelines.
The Program Manager is responsible for working closely with Project Leaders and cross-functional Project Team members within CVB in support of the development and maintenance of the many initiatives involving BC. The Program Manager will report to the Executive Director, BRAIN Commons. The position is based in New York City, New York.
The candidate will be assigned to lead BC Program Initiatives that are essential to the successful implementation of the platform. They will also support the overall CVB mission to enable data sharing and advanced analytics using a team science approach to discovery for the brain health community.
- Responsible for overall program blueprint, knowledge and execution according to agreed-upon deliverables and timelines.
- Direct projects and initiatives interacting with multiple cross functional teams.
- Maintain current content/scientific knowledge related to field of work.
- Use Program Management Methodology tools and templates to manage projects.
- Track the progress of project activities, ensure key program milestones are achieved, and ensure projects with the Program proceed based on the agreed upon timeline.
- Maintain the “overall picture” of the Program and provide/negotiate resolution of potential issues internally to prevent delays to Program timelines.
- Monitor performance and recommend scope, schedule, cost or resource adjustments; connect short-term demands to long-term implications in alignment with the supporting business case.
- Prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines; communicate the Program status (health, forecast, issues, risks, etc.) to stakeholders.
- Effectively balance competing project constraints including but not limited to scope, quality, schedule, funding, budget, resources, and risk to manage Program success.
- Connect Program objectives to broader organizational goals ensuring that Program phases deliver the required capabilities for subsequent tranches.
- Provide input to contracts and review contracts to ensure completeness of scope and appropriate accountability based on role and/or responsibility.
- Support Project Managers’ negotiations with stakeholders to obtain the resources necessary for successful project execution.
- Establish and implement project and program management processes and methodologies for product development activities and facility expansion. Includes project planning, resource planning, project scheduling and leading teams to accomplish project goals.
- Manage risks, issues and Program change control (scope, schedule, cost and quality).
- Anticipate Program risks and develop mitigation strategies/plans.
- Resolve internal and external team conflicts to ensure adherence to Program schedules.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in business administration/management or related field.
- 3+ years in an advanced program management role.
- Program Management certification (e.g. PMP, PgMP, MSP) preferred. Proof of certification required, if certified.
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders and to mobilize and motivate teams; versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure.
- Solid business and technical acumen; experience working in information technology and software design with a scientific background, preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, organizational, and financial planning skills.
- Outstanding working knowledge of change management principles and performance evaluation processes.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Word, Excel and project management software. Proficiency with Teamwork, a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership capability.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Organized, results-oriented, and strategic thinker.
- Excellent team building, training and facilitation skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely to management.
- Must be able to prioritize and balance multiple projects and priorities.
- Vendor experience with contracts/negotiation is preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. required without sponsorship.
- Must be able to travel approximately 20% of the time, including overnight
Must be able to work 5 days/week from the CVB offices in New York City, NY.
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefits package.
About Cohen Veterans Bioscience
Cohen Veterans Bioscience is a non-profit 501(c)(3) biomedical research and technology organization dedicated to advancing brain health by fast-tracking precision diagnostics and tailored therapeutics.
Please visit https://cohenveteransbioscience.applicantpro.com to apply. CVB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Publication Date: 8/13/21