Cohen Veterans Bioscience (CVB) is hiring a Project Manager (PM) to support the organization, execution, and tracking of projects related to product development for CVB’s BRAINCommons. The BRAINCommons (BC) is a cloud-accessible and secure digital ecosystem to enable and stimulate data sharing and analysis in both public and private domains, fueling discovery and collaboration across the multidisciplinary research community, and driving diagnostic and therapeutic innovation to reduce the burden of brain-based disorders.
The PM is responsible for providing project planning, management and oversight while ensuring all projects align with BC product priorities and are completed on-time, within scope and budget and with an extremely high quality of deliverables. The PM will report to the Executive Director, BRAIN Commons. The position is based in New York City, New York.
- Coordinate the development of project plans that include detailed tasks, responsible persons, deliverables, and integrated project timelines and Gantt charts. · Maintain and update the integrated project timelines and prepare documents and reminders for internal teams and individuals across all functions involved in the project.
- Assemble and maintain minutes for project team meetings to review timelines, track progress, discuss risks and mitigations, and maintain alignment.
- Create reports on project status, milestone deliverables, risks and mitigations, and lessons learned for management, project partners, and regulatory bodies.
- Interact with vendors to identify requirements and specify project plans, schedules, and deliverables.
- Deliver transparent and timely communications of risks to project timelines and deliverables.
- Anticipate risks to the project plan and contribute to creation of mitigation plans to help maintain project integrity.
- Maintain project budget trackers and communicate potential budget-related risks. · Ensure consistent compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and maintenance of project quality and integrity.
- Participate in the development and implementation of organizational process improvement initiatives
- Support the development of an IT road map and strategy that integrates custom development with preexisting tools to meet CVB’s vision.
- Support the development of documentation to represent the technical architecture and security posture of the platform
- Maintain a product development roadmap for current and future partnerships
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in information or computer science or related field and a minimum of 1 year direct project management experience with gradually increasing responsibilities, within an Agile, DevOps or DevSecOps development environment, focusing on software development and enterprise solution deployment is preferred; Additional 4 years of direct project management experience could be substituted for a bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree a plus.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS (e.g., AWS ECS, Kubernetes, AWS EKS) and enterprise multi-cloud strategy a plus
- Ability to independently manage the technical and operational aspects of ongoing projects
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess strong capabilities for both strategic thinking and attention to detail.
- Must have demonstrated strong decision-making and project management skills.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PPT, Word, Excel) and experience with project management tracking software such as Teamwork
- Must have proficiency in Agile Scrum, using Atlassian Jira or an equivalent Agile Project Management tool
- Demonstrable experience in Quality Assurance both in System as well as User Acceptance Testing. Familiarity with Zephyr Squad would be valued.
- Ability to support the Product Owner in articulating Business and User Requirements as User Stories and/or using flowcharts as required.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and communications both verbally and in writing.
- Capability to challenge the standard thinking with new ideas, new approaches, and new solutions.
- Has demonstrated skills in leadership, management, and collaboration.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. required.
- Must be able to travel approximately 10% of the time, including overnight.
Must be able to work 5 days/week from the CVB offices in New York City, NY.
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefits package.
About Cohen Veterans Bioscience
Cohen Veterans Bioscience is a non-profit 501(c)(3) biomedical research and technology organization dedicated to advancing brain health by fast-tracking precision diagnostics and tailored therapeutics.
Please visit https://cohenveteransbioscience.applicantpro.com to apply. CVB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Publication Date: 8/13/21