Scientific Program Manager
Cohen Veterans Bioscience is looking for an experienced full-time Scientific Program Manager, reporting to the Scientific Program lead. This position can be based in Cambridge, MA or NYC.
The Scientific Program Manager is responsible for scientifically managing cross-functional activities for a portfolio of projects and programs at Cohen Veterans Bioscience and is playing a key/critical role in realizing our mission to accelerate discovery and development of new diagnostics, treatments and cures for brain disease.
The successful candidate will be personable, proactive and highly methodical in his/her attentiveness to detail, with experience in the planning and management of successful biomedical research projects, preferably within a large biotech or pharmaceutical company or academic research center.
The research Program Manager will partner closely with Project Leaders and cross-functional Project Team members
The successful candidate must have the skills to build and maintain project plans to ensure that deliverables are successfully executed in accordance with project and disease area objectives. This would include tracking progress for all internal and outsourced activities required to advance projects forward.
The candidate will be assigned to support CVB programs or projects that align with their area of expertise and support the CVB mission to advance biomarkers, diagnostics, develop translational research tools, and accelerate therapeutic development for target brain diseases.
- Key individual responsible for specific projects including scientific knowledge and execution deliverables and timelines.
- Directs projects interacting with multiple cross functional teams.
- Responsible for maintaining current content/scientific knowledge related to field of work.
- Uses Project Management Methodology tools and templates to manage project.
- Tracks progress of project activities, ensures key program milestones are achieved, and ensures program proceeds based on the agreed upon timeline.
- Maintain “overall picture” of the project and provide/negotiate resolution to potential issues internally to prevent delay to project timeline.
- Prioritizes multiple tasks while meeting deadlines; communicates project status (health, forecast, issues, risks, etc.) to stakeholders.
- Connects project objectives to broader organizational goals.
- Masters or doctoral degree in neuroscience, molecular biology, bioinformatics, statistical genetics, psychology or related scientific field, medical degree or equivalent life experience.
- 1 – 2 years of experience with a demonstrated excellence in research and intellectual leadership.
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of internal partners and key external stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams
- Solid business and scientific technical acumen; versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
- Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to capture and present key messages derived from large amounts of literature and other program information
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office PPT, Word, Excel and Project Management Tracking software.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Organized, results-oriented, and strategic thinker.
- Familiarity with the Drug Development Process and/or translational research.
- Candidate must possess excellent team building, training and facilitation skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely to management.
- Must be able to prioritize and balance multiple projects and priorities.
- Vendor experience with contracts/negotiation is preferred
- Ability to travel 30% of the time
About Cohen Veterans Bioscience
Cohen Veterans Bioscience is a national, nonpartisan research 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to fast-tracking the development of diagnostic tests and personalized therapeutics for the millions of veterans and civilians who suffer the devastating effects of trauma-related and other brain disorders.
Please visit https://cohenveteransbioscience.applicantpro.com to apply. Please include resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefit package. CVB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Publication Date: 3/12/19