Technical Project Manager
Cohen Veterans Bioscience (CVB) is hiring a Technical Project Manager (TPM) to support the organization, execution, and tracking of projects and product development for CVB’s BRAIN Commons (BC). The TPM is responsible for providing technical project planning, management and oversight for implementation projects ensuring all projects align with BC priorities and are completed on-time, within scope and budget and with an extremely high quality of deliverables. The TPM will report to the Executive Director, BRAIN Commons. The position is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Current authorization to work in the U.S. is required, sponsorship is not available.
- Coordinate the development of project plans that include detailed tasks, responsible persons, deliverables, and integrated project timelines and Gantt charts.
- Maintain and update the integrated project timelines and prepare documents and reminders for internal teams and individuals across all functions involved in the project.
- Assemble and maintain minutes for project team meetings to review timelines, track progress, discuss risks and mitigations, and maintain alignment.
- Create reports on project status, milestone deliverables, risks and mitigations, and lessons learned for management, project partners, and regulatory bodies.
- Interact with vendors to identify requirements and specify project plans, schedules, and deliverables.
- Deliver transparent and timely communications of risks to project timelines and deliverables.
- Anticipate risks to the project plan and contribute to creation of mitigation plans to help maintain project integrity.
- Maintain project budget trackers and communicate potential budget-related risks.
- Ensure consistent compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and maintenance of project quality and integrity.
- Participate in the development and implementation of organizational process improvement initiatives
- Support the development of an IT road map and strategy that integrates custom development with preexisting tools to meet CVB’s vision.
- Support the development of documentation to represent the technical architecture and security posture of the platform
- Maintain a product development roadmap for current and future partnerships
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in information or computer science or related technical field required, advanced degree preferred
- 3+ years direct IT-project management experience with gradually increasing responsibilities, within an Agile, DevOps or DevSecOps development environment, focusing on software development and enterprise solution deployment is required
- Professional Project Management Certification from accredited institution preferred
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS (e.g., AWS ECS, Kubernetes, AWS EKS) and enterprise multi-cloud strategy a plus
- Ability to independently manage the technical and operational aspects of ongoing projects
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess strong capabilities for both strategic thinking and attention to detail.
- Must have demonstrated strong decision-making and project management skills.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PPT, Word, Excel) and experience with project management tracking software such as Teamwork and Airtable.
- Proficiency in MS Project or SmartSheet required; Certification or proof proficiency required.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and communications both verbally and in writing.
- Capability to challenge the standard thinking with new ideas, new approaches, and new solutions.
- Has demonstrated skills in leadership, management, and collaboration.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. required.
- Must be able to travel approximately 10% of the time, including overnight.
About Cohen Veterans Bioscience
Cohen Veterans Bioscience is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) research organization dedicated to fast-tracking the development of diagnostic tests and personalized therapeutics for the millions of veterans and civilians who suffer the devastating effects of trauma-related and other brain disorders.
Please visit https://cohenveteransbioscience.applicantpro.com to apply. Please include resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefit package. A minimum of three references will be required. CVB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Publication Date: 4/14/20