Cohen Veterans Bioscience is seeking to hire two data scientists with a focus on the development and application of integrative systems biology and/or machine learning approaches to understand the multi-modal contributions to brain disorders. One position will be focused primarily on furthering our understanding of Parkinson’s disease progression, and the other will focus on traumatic brain diseases. Depending on experience these positions are offered at the level of Senior Data Scientist or Associate Director Data Scientist.
Working closely with the Executive Director of Data Science and working out of the New York City office (311 W 43rd St) or the Boston office (One Broadway, Cambridge, MA), this position will take advantage of large sets of genomic, proteomic, neuroimaging, physiology, behavior, self-report and digital health data derived from a wide-variety of translational studies generated within Cohen Veterans Bioscience and by its partner organizations.
- Conduct data analysis of large-scale experimental data for e.g. understanding disease subtypes and progression.
- Apply existing and develop new analytics approaches.
- Keep abreast of latest developments in data science as applied to these data modalities.
- Assist with experimental design and statistical analysis plans.
- Prepare and present results at internal and external meetings.
- PhD in bioinformatics or data science
- Three plus years demonstrated expertise with a variety of data types e.g. multi-omic data analyses, neuroimaging.
- Experience in computational biology, bioinformatics, statistical genetics, neuroimaging or machine learning to work full-time on the development, application and interpretation of computational models.
- Strong technical ability, excellent programming skills in R/Python.
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms e.g. AWS/Google Cloud Compute
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently.
- Understanding of biology and neuroscience is a plus.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi task.
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time
About Cohen Veterans Bioscience
Cohen Veterans Bioscience is a national, nonpartisan research 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to fast-tracking the development of diagnostic tests and personalized therapeutics for the millions of veterans and civilians who suffer the devastating effects of trauma-related and other brain disorders.
Please visit https://cohenveteransbioscience.applicantpro.com to apply. Please include resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefit package. Cohen Veterans Bioscience is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Publication Date: 3/12/19