Cohen Veterans Bioscience (CVB) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) biomedical research and technology organization dedicated to advancing brain health by fast-tracking precision diagnostics and tailored therapeutics.
We are seeking to hire a data scientist/statistician to work on the development of statistics/machine learning approaches for analyzing multi-domain progression in brain diseases, with a focus on integrative modeling techniques capable of combining information from multiple different data types.
This role will involve the development and implementation of new methods (e.g. artificial intelligence and machine learning), and analysis of large datasets (e.g sensors, multi-omics) across multiple projects, leveraging our in-house neuroscience data repository and analysis platform, BRAINCommons. Specific applications of interest include the study of progression in Parkinson’s Disease, and long-term impacts of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and traumatic brain injury (TBI), using genomic and neuroimaging data in conjunction with comprehensive clinical and biomarker assessments and physiological measurements captured by wearable sensors. This position is based in New York, NY or Cambridge, MA.
We are looking for PhD-qualified statistician/data scientist with research experience in biostatistics, computational biology, bioinformatics, genomics, statistical genetics, neuroimaging or related fields to work full-time on the development, application and interpretation of statistical classification and prediction models of disease. Successful candidates will be motivated and enthusiastic about understanding the neurobiology of brain disorders.
- Conduct analysis of multi-omics datasets for understanding disease processes and identification of patient/disease subtypes.
- Work with existing models and develop new approaches for classification and prediction using advanced machine learning techniques.
- Keep abreast of latest techniques for joint analysis of multiple data types.
- Develop reproducible workflows and analysis pipelines.
- Assist with design and statistical analysis plans for pre-clinical and clinical studies.
- Present results at internal and external meetings.
- Contribute to scientific publications communicating methods and results.
Required Skills (minimum):
- Ph.D (completed or close to completing) in statistics/mathematics/computer science/biomedical engineering.
- 3+ years’ experience applying artificial intelligence/machine learning modelling techniques to high-dimensional biological/medical datasets (i.e. n > p), such as electronic health records, RNAseq, neuroimaging, whole-genome sequencing data, medical devices/sensors.
- Familiar with R/Python environments.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, and ability to collaborate effectively.
- Previous work on collaborative coding projects, and use of version control systems (e.g. GitLab).
- Experience using structured (SQL) and non-structured (NoSQL) databases.
- Experience with high-performance compute clusters and/or cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS).
- Experience working with Bayesian hierarchical models.
- Familiarity with latent variable models and causal inference techniques.
- Experience with digital signal processing.
- Experience with processing and interpretation of EEG data.
Must be able to work 5 days/week from the CVB offices in New York City or Cambridge, MA.
About Cohen Veterans Bioscience
Cohen Veterans Bioscience is a non-profit 501(c)(3) biomedical research and technology organization dedicated to advancing brain health by fast-tracking precision diagnostics and tailored therapeutics.
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefits package.
Please visit https://cohenveteransbioscience.applicantpro.com to apply.
CVB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.