Director of Product Management, BRAIN Commons
Cohen Veterans Bioscience (CVB) is hiring a Director of Product Management, BRAIN Commons to oversee the adoption of the BRAIN Commons by target user personas and ensure a high-quality user experience. The Director of Product Management, BRAIN Commons works closely with the Executive Director on the strategy and management of the BRAIN Commons data-sharing and discovery platform product and is responsible for planning, executing and delivering all aspects of the product.
This position will report to the Executive Director, BRAIN Commons and is based in New York City but would consider applicants to work in our Cambridge, Massachusetts office.
The successful candidate will be personable, proactive and highly methodical in his/her attentiveness to detail. Experience with planning and implementing focus groups with a variety of stakeholders, developing user stories and leading efficient and effective UI/UX design and execution is required.
Current authorization to work in the U.S. is required, sponsorship is not available.
- Engage with and deeply understand the needs and pain points of clinical researchers, data scientists, and system administrators interested in using the BRAIN Commons to be the informed voice of the user and build strategic solutions to execute an ambitious product roadmap.
- Establish and execute effective design processes and structure management to enable gathering of feedback and the continued development of use cases to guide the UI/UX of the platform with distinct communities of end-users.
- Work with technology teams to discover, implement and integrate software solutions within the product development stack and understand the technical limits and possibilities.
- Establish, track and interpret key performance indicators to diagnose current business trends and forecast future performance.
- Oversee all educational outreach to include development of all testing and support documentation and training materials, as well as management of the helpdesk.
- Maintain the “overall picture” of the product and provide/negotiate resolution of potential issues internally to prevent delays to product timelines.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in biomedical sciences, bioinformatics, computer science or data related discipline with experience in quantitative and technical fields required. Background in neuroscience with an advanced degree is preferred.
- 8 or more years of experience in product management role supporting SaaS with demonstrable, increasing leadership responsibilities.
- Demonstrated excellence in UI/UX design methodologies and end-user engagement with a proven track record of delivering complex software products on time and on budget.
- A user-oriented trailblazer with experience shepherding a product portfolio in a fast-growing and fast-paced environment that requires hands on and strategic excellence.
- Experience understanding end user needs in order to improve the support experience and ensure the product is being built in a way that is scalable, sustainable and reliable is a must. Experience with advanced data analytics and visualization tools and community engagement technology is preferred.
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders and to mobilize and motivate teams.
- Solid business and scientific technical acumen; versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, organizational, and computer skills.
- Ability to capture and present key messages to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Word, Excel and project management tracking software. Experience with Teamwork, Jira, SharePoint and Airtable a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership capability.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team building, training and facilitation skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely to management with diverse, often scientific/research-oriented backgrounds.
- Must be able to prioritize and balance multiple projects and priorities.
- Vendor experience with contracts/negotiation is preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently.
- Must be able to travel approximately 25% of the time, including overnight.
- Authorization to work in the U.S., without sponsorship, is required.
About Cohen Veterans Bioscience
Cohen Veterans Bioscience is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) research organization dedicated to fast-tracking the development of diagnostic tests and personalized therapeutics for the millions of veterans and civilians who suffer the devastating effects of trauma-related and other brain disorders.
Please visit https://cohenveteransbioscience.applicantpro.com to apply. Please include resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefit package. A minimum of three references will be required. CVB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Publication Date: 7/6/20