Executive Director, BRAIN Commons
Cohen Veterans Bioscience (CVB) is seeking an Executive Director, BRAIN Commons who will be responsible for the successful leadership and management of the BRAIN Commons according to the strategic direction set by the ELT. This position reports into the CIO and is based out of our Cambridge, Mass, office.
We are entering a new era in brain research, driven by powerful data acquisition technologies generating multi-modal data at all spatial scales, coupled with a dramatic evolution in the cost of computing. To meet the challenges associated with brain health research, a paradigm shift is required that adapts our existing data analysis toolsets and data management processes to integrate massively multi-dimensional data to facilitate holistic modeling of the brain and its organization.
The BRAIN Commons represents a next-generation digital ecosystem that is uniquely able to meet today’s data analysis challenges facing brain researchers.
- Oversee the plan and implementation of the BRAIN Commons services
- Participate with the Leadership Team to develop a strategic plan to guide the roadmap for the BRAIN Commons
- Shares strategic vision with program director
- Oversee the effective day-to-day operation of the BRAIN Commons
- Represent the BRAIN Commons at public events to enhance the profile of the platform
- Develop a strategic plan and roadmap which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic objectives of the overall organization
- Ensure that the operation of the BRAIN Commons meets the expectations of its partners
- Provide recommendations with respect to staffing requirements for program delivery
- Oversee and develop the BRAIN Commons staff including recruiting, hiring, coaching and mentoring.
- Prepare and present an annual comprehensive budget
- Work with Leadership to secure adequate funding for the operation of the organization by contributing to sustainability and business models
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Life Science required Masters or PhD preferred
- 5 or more years of management experience required in the Healthcare field
- Subject matter expert in the field of analytics, informatics, big data, or related field
- Experience in non-profit organizations helpful
- Knowledge of current challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the organization
- Knowledge of project management
- Neuroscience/Brain disease related experience is a plus.
- Must possess strong capabilities for both strategic thinking and attention to detail.
- Must have strong decision-making and project management skills.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently.
- Excellent English communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time.
About Cohen Veterans Bioscience
Cohen Veterans Bioscience is a national, nonpartisan research 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to fast-tracking the development of diagnostic tests and personalized therapeutics for the millions of veterans and civilians who suffer the devastating effects of trauma-related and other brain disorders.
Please visit https://cohenveteransbioscience.applicantpro.com to apply. Please include resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefit package. CVB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Publication Date: 7/25/19