Executive Director, Data Science
Cohen Veterans Bioscience (CVB) is looking for an experienced full-time Executive Director, Data Science to work from our New York City office (311 W 43rd St) or Cambridge, MA office (Kendall Square) to support translational research and clinical program efforts to further develop our advanced analytics capabilities while overseeing the design and implementation of state-of-the-art data approaches which are scalable, and actionable.
This is an exciting role with opportunities to innovate in the field of large-scale data science using machine learning and artificial intelligence to drive target/biomarker discovery and support diagnostics and drug development across the brain health space. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, this is a key leadership role with strategic impact on our organization.
- Work closely with the Chief Information Officer to define the data science strategy for the organization.
- Oversee, manage and hire a team of data scientists, providing direction and conducting annual reviews.
- Manage the computational/predictive modeling efforts including Machine Learning.
- Provide strategic recommendations and implementation on data collection, integration and analysis leading to actionable models.
- Responsible for driving innovative research strategies leveraging and generating data-driven insights from internal/external large-scale data e.g. clinical, molecular, imaging and digital health.
- Maintain departmental collaboration acting in an advisory capacity supporting team requirements and objectives.
- Accountable for developing academic, non-profit and industry partnerships within data science.
- Monthly domestic travel may be required for face to face interactions with the CVB team and/or partners at project start-up and close-out periods.
- PhD in statistics, mathematics, computer science or a related discipline.
- 8 years of experience working in a field using machine learning, predictive modeling techniques, statistics, computer science, bioinformatics and computational biology
- Background and track record in statistical methodologies and machine learning strategies
- An understanding of neuroscience and validating models against experimental data preferred
- A motivated team player, with previous experience in both managing and leading a multidisciplinary team
- Adaptability and the capability of multi-tasking and strong time management
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills demonstrated success in communicating and presenting data, concepts and conclusions to a varied audience
- Strong technical ability, excellent programming skills in R/Python and related frameworks, e.g. scikit-learn
- Ability to travel 25% of the time Prior experience developing, managing, and working within departmental and project budgets
About Cohen Veterans Bioscience
Cohen Veterans Bioscience is a national, nonpartisan research 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to fast-tracking the development of diagnostic tests and personalized therapeutics for the millions of veterans and civilians who suffer the devastating effects of trauma-related and other brain disorders.
Please visit https://cohenveteransbioscience.applicantpro.com to apply. Please include resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefit package. CVB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Publication Date: 3/12/19