Program Manager, Translational Science
(Based in New York, NY or Cambridge, MA)
Cohen Veterans Bioscience (CVB) is looking for a full-time Program Manager, Translational Science, who will be located in the Cambridge, MA or NYC office, to work with the Program Director on the scientific strategy and management of projects at Cohen Veterans Bioscience. The program manager will play a critical role in realizing our mission to accelerate the discovery and development of new diagnostic biomarkers and treatments for brain diseases.
Candidates with expertise in trauma-related disorders including Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) as well as neuropsychiatric disorders are encouraged to apply. There is strong focus on pre-clinical in vitro and in vivo efforts and the translational use of biomarkers to advance PTSD and TBI. Additionally, the candidate will be involved in developing translational research tools and accelerating therapeutic development of CNS drug targets.
The successful candidate will be able to ensure that deliverables are successfully executed in accordance with project and disease area objectives while adhering to budget guidelines. This includes tracking progress for internal and outsourced activities required to advance drug discovery projects. The ideal candidate has a strong scientific background and is a team player with excellent organizational, communication, and inter-personal skills.
- Develop and manage project strategy according to agreed-upon deliverables and timelines.
- Interact with multiple cross functional teams to successfully direct projects.
- Maintain and advance scientific knowledge related to field of work.
- Track project activities, ensure milestones are achieved, programs successfully completed.
- Manage contracts to ensure scientific projects advance overarching goals of CVB.
- Negotiate with stakeholders to obtain resources necessary for successful project execution.
- Project planning including resourcing, scheduling, and providing scientific direction.
- Ph.D. in neuroscience, molecular biology, genetics, or related scientific field.
- 1-4 years of post-doctoral research or equivalent experience.
- Scientific knowledge of pre-clinical and clinical aspects of PTSD and/or TBI.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills in the context of complex scientific projects.
- Ability to present key messages/concepts based on integrated scientific approaches.
- Familiarity with RStudio / Prism / programming language for statistical computing is a plus.
- Familiarity with the drug development process is an advantage.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently.
- Must be able to travel approximately 20% of the time, including overnight
About Cohen Veterans Bioscience
Cohen Veterans Bioscience is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) biomedical research and technology organization dedicated to advancing brain health by fast-tracking precision diagnostics and tailored therapeutics.
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefit package.
Please visit https://cohenveteransbioscience.applicantpro.com to apply.
Please include resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. A minimum of three references will be required.
CVB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Publication Date: 9/13/21