QA Technical Writer
The Quality Assurance (QA)/Technical Writer works with the BRAINCommons team on all documentation required for the BRAINCommons platform. The BRAINCommons (BC) is a cloud-accessible and secure digital ecosystem to enable and stimulate data sharing and analysis in both public and private domains, fueling discovery and collaboration across the multidisciplinary research community, and driving diagnostic and therapeutic innovation to reduce the burden of brain-based disorders.
The QA Technical Writer is a key role to ensure that system specifications are documented in accordance with regulatory standards, its quality is assured and that necessary user documentation is written to the appropriate standards for a variety of audiences. The successful candidate will be personable, proactive and highly methodical in his/her attentiveness to detail. They will have extensive experience in documenting and Quality Assuring complex systems working closely with cross-functional Project Team members within Cohen Veterans Bioscience in support of the development and maintenance of the BC.
The successful candidate must combine technical skills and experties to document technical requirements, author and support the execution of manual or automated tests as well as the technical writing abilities to author user-friendly and engaging user guides and training material for users of varying abilities and backgrounds.
The ideal candidate will be a team player with highly evolved organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to gain the cooperation of others and facilitate communication and harmonization among team members, along with a sense of urgency and commitment to meet aggressive timelines.
The candidate will be assigned to lead all QA and Technical Writing activities of the core BC Platform and related projects. They will also support the overall CVB mission to enable data sharing and advanced analytics using a team science approach to discovery for the brain health community.
The role’s main responsibilities include:
- Work with the Product Team to understand the product and guide documentation requirements.
- Overall responsibility for BRAINCommons Quality Assurance Plan.
- Leading the documentation and execution of System and User Acceptance Test scripts alone or with support from Quality Engineers or other stakeholders
- Supporting, if necessary Product Owners in documenting User, Functional or Technical Requirements.
- Supporting, as required, the documentation and execution of System Validation Plans or Regulatory Submissions.
- Producing high-quality user-facing documentation in the form of User Guides, Frequently Asked Questions, Presentations or tutorials as appropriate for the intended audience.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Degree in Computer Science, Life Sciences or English.
- 5+ years in technical writing of software documentation.
- Ability to deliver high-quality documentation paying attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Experience in Quality Assurance of complex Information Technology projects in high regulated environments.
- Familiarity with Quality Assurance in an Agile Scrum environment combined with knowledge of Atlassian Jira and relevant test management tools such as Zephyr for Jira.
- Experience with Test Automation tools and techniques.
- Experience working in information technology and software design with a scientific background, preferred.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Organized, results-oriented, and strategic thinker.
- Excellent team building, training and facilitation skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely to management.
- Must be able to prioritize and balance multiple projects and priorities.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. required without sponsorship.
- Must be able to travel approximately 20% of the time, including overnight.
Must be able to work 5 days/week from the CVB offices in New York City, NY.
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefits package.
About Cohen Veterans Bioscience
Cohen Veterans Bioscience is a non-profit 501(c)(3) biomedical research and technology organization dedicated to advancing brain health by fast-tracking precision diagnostics and tailored therapeutics.
Please visit https://cohenveteransbioscience.applicantpro.com to apply. CVB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Publication Date: 8/13/21