Senior Cloud Engineer
Cohen Veterans Bioscience (CVB) is hiring a Senior Cloud Engineer to develop, support and maintain cloud- based environments for Infrastructure and Software Development needs. Senior Cloud Engineer will support the needs of multiple departments within the company and report to Executive Director, Technology Development.
The successful candidate will be motivated, self-starting, proactive and highly methodical in his/her attentiveness to detail. Experience working with AWS, deep knowledge of AWS best practices, automated provisioning, access controls, network policies and core services is required.
This position is based in New York City but may consider applicants to work in our Cambridge, Massachusetts office.
Current authorization to work in the U.S. is required, sponsorship is not available.
- Engage with and deeply understand the needs and pain points of clinical researchers, data scientists.
- Support key infrastructure and development environments in AWS.
- Set up and maintain new infrastructure services and environments using “infrastructure-as-a-code” principle
and security best practices using Terraform, Ansible and AWS tools.
- Set up and maintain Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration (CI/CD) pipelines using GitLab and
- Develop, maintain and test disaster recovery procedures.
- Develop and maintain automated data ingestion and data export pipelines.
- Set up and maintain logging, monitoring and alerting tools.
- Write technical documentation.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in computer science or engineering or data related discipline.
- Minimum five plus years of experience in Cloud Engineering or Devops role.
- Demonstrated and recent experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a cloud or devops engineer. Experience working with other cloud providers is very welcome.
- Comprehensive and up to date knowledge of all core AWS infrastructure tools and components, including but not limited to IAM, VPC, Control Tower, ALB/ELB, API Gateway, Certificate Manager, EC2, S3, EKS, ECS, RDS, DynamoDB, Lambda, Cognito.
- Excellent knowledge of Terraform and Ansible, applied to AWS. Chef/Puppet or AWS OpsWorks knowledge is welcome.
- Ability to write custom JSON policies for each of the core services.
- Good understanding of networking and network security principles.
- Deep understanding of modern and legacy web application architectures and how they fit in AWS model. Knowledge or various web application frameworks and webdev experience is welcome.
- Experience working with Docker containers, ECS, EKS and non-managed Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience working with PostgreSQL both as standalone database and as RDS offering; ability to write SQL queries.
- Strong understanding of Linux operating system including working with filesystems, processes, and networking components. Ability to quickly identify problems and bottlenecks with both stand-alone systems and in containerized environments.
- Ability to write scripts in Bash or similar scripting languages.
- Experience developing Python scripts.
- Experience setting up CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins and/or GitLab.
- Strong technical knowledge
- Problem-solving mindset
- Attention to detail
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently.
- Authorization to work in the U.S., without sponsorship, is required.
- Ability to travel up to approximately 20% of the time (post-COVID).
About Cohen Veterans Bioscience
Cohen Veterans Bioscience is a non-profit research biotech dedicated to fast-tracking the development of diagnostics tests and targeted therapeutics for the millions of veterans and civilians who suffer from the devastating effects of trauma-related and other brain disorders.
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefit package.
Please visit https://cohenveteransbioscience.applicantpro.com to apply.
Please include resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. A minimum of three references will be required.
CVB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Publication Date: 9/11/20