Senior Financial and Business Analyst
(Based in New York, NY – please note that this is a remote position until after the COVID-19 pandemic.)
Cohen Veterans Bioscience (CVB) is seeking a Senior Financial and Business Analyst to enhance the flexibility and resilience of internal quantitatively focused business information and analytic support cross functionally for CVB. Areas of activity include Financial Analysis; Budgeting, Forecasting, and Resource Planning; Proposal Budgeting and Business Modeling Support; Business Systems Enhancements and Alignment; Business Process Documentation; Finance & Operations Project Management; Financial and Budget Data Stewardship. This position will work out of our NYC office post COVID.
Current authorization to work in the U.S. is required, sponsorship is not available.
- Financial and Operational analysis to consistently bridge Accounting data to Management Information, to provide insight into business performance
- Project manage organization level budgeting and forecasting and support the creation of efficient and reliable methods for input collection, version control, and user education.
- Analyze variances to budget and work with budget owners to identify forward looking implications
- Conduct detailed reviews of budgeted vs actual spending and support accounting and contracts groups with compliance reporting on funder restrictions
- Document underlying data structures to inform ongoing enhancements to accounting, budget and analytic platforms, and train appropriate end users on the content and interaction with the systems
- Support new program / customer budgeting and proposal efforts, building specific budgets for the projects including costs and revenues, and supporting contracts administration with ongoing reporting and analysis of budget versus actual, invoiced amounts, and reconciliations
- Collaborate closely with Finance, Contracts and Grants, and HR in the timely updating and reporting on workforce, financial and contract information to support forecasts and budgets at the organizational, team and project level
- Support the evaluation and financial modeling of existing and/or new business line exploration and strategic ventures, perform market research, and support business plan development and reporting outcomes versus plans
- Work with CFO and business line leads and designees to build robust, adaptable models to support decision making and fundraising efforts
- Collaborate with Communications and Development teams to provide quantitative inputs for Donor/ Constituent reporting and engagement needs
- Continuously evaluate information systems including Payroll, Accounting, reporting, CRM, and collaborate with Technology Development group to map across systems to ensure business needs alignment toward accurate, efficient, and appropriately secured reporting
- Coordinate with business owners of systems and subject matter experts to identify and prioritize enhancements and realignments to financial information systems
- Partner with CFO to assess process and systems improvement opportunities to ensure resilient, effective and efficient business infrastructure
- Provide data stewardship of key financial information systems, building processes to monitor and report on data quality, and hold key contributors accountable for updates on agreed timelines
- Provide change management and project management support to and partner closely with CFO to advance departmental and organizational objectives and key results in a matrixed organization
- Bachelor’s degree required Master’s degree preferred
- Five plus years’ experience
- Mastery in Excel with proficiency in Power Point
- Sage Intacct, Salesforce, Adaptive Insights, SQL query desired
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting fundamentals
- Experience with Federal government awards helpful
- Proven experience with:
- systems implementations and business process analysis
- building financial analysis and models
- relational databases and concepts
- Attention to detail and quantitative rigor
- Creative problem solving, analytic skills, and continuous improvement mindset
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills
- Utmost discretion and operate with unquestioned ethics
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently
- Ability to Travel 10% of the time
About Cohen Veterans Bioscience
Cohen Veterans Bioscience is a non-profit research biotech dedicated to fast-tracking the development of diagnostics tests and targeted therapeutics for the millions of veterans and civilians who suffer from the devastating effects of trauma-related and other brain disorders.
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefit package.
Please visit https://cohenveteransbioscience.applicantpro.com to apply.
Please include resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. A minimum of three references will be required.
CVB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Publication Date: 10/16/20